Small, light, and safe – these are key features of your explosion-proof SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotors. With their light aluminium housing and compact design, they are the ideal application for those looking for compact angular drives.
The explosion-proof right-angle gearmotor for fast applications
Looking for a modern right-angle gearmotor for your system architecture that runs smoothly, achieves top speeds, and is also explosion-proof? Then look no further than the SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotor from the W..EDR.. series.
In addition, this gearmotor really saves on space thanks to its particularly lightweight design and small dimensions. The explosion-proof ATEX design complies with all the requirements of equipment group II. The II2GD and II3GD explosion-proof designs can therefore be used reliably in sensitive ambient conditions.
Benefit from a highly efficient drive solution with the SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotors from SEW‑EURODRIVE. These gearmotors are also exceptionally robust and low-maintenance. Thanks to their high-quality manufacturing and special design features, the explosion-proof SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotors offer you reliable durability and low-wear performance in lower torque ranges up to 180 Nm.
The explosion-proof motors also offer great variety – the motor ot the series EDR.. allows you to choose from motor power ratings between 0.12 kW and 45 kW.
Configure your individual product
- Detailed information about your individual product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
- Direct order request or ordering
Achieve top speedsThe right-angle gearmotors enable top speeds at lower torque ranges.
Reduce noiseThe SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotors boast particularly smooth and attenuated running properties.
Save installation spaceThe right-angle gearmotors have a light and compact design, making them easy for you to install.
Explosion-proof right-angle gear units
W series: single-stage and two-stage
- Gear units comply with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, categories 2 and 3
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in conjunction with EAC certificates (successor to GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protected by safe construction (design safety), EN13463-1 and -5
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- Standardised robust covers as shrink disk covers on the gear unit
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- Robust right-angle gear unit:
- Wear-free SPIROPLAN® gearing (steel-steel material combination) and special tooth meshing
- Minimised friction losses, optimised mechanical efficiency, reduced energy consumption
- Quiet, vibration-free running/operation
- Small gear ratios enable high motor power and top speeds
- Lightweight aluminium housing
- Identical hole spacing and shaft heights in the foot and face offer many different mounting options
- Installation for W20, W30:
- For these sizes, the oil filling process is independent of the mounting position. This allows gearmotors to be installed in any mounting position without having to alter the oil quantity.
- Available versions:
- Foot-mounted or flange-mounted
- B5 or B14 flange-mounted
- Solid or hollow shaft
- Adapter mounting
- Asynchronous motor mounting
- W20, W30: Direct motor mounting
- W37, W47: Motor flange mounting
- Optionally available in:
- The MOVIMOT® design – a right-angle gear unit with integrated frequency inverter in accordance with equipment categories II2D and II3D.
- The MOVI-SWITCH® design – a right-angle gear unit with integrated switch and protection function in accordance with equipment categories II2D and II3D.
Explosion-proof AC motors
- Compliant with EC Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX) and IECEx
- Can be used in categories 2G, 2GD and 3GD, 3D for zones 1 / 21 and 2 / 22
- Also available as brakemotor in category 3
- Conform to the efficiency class IE2
- In accordance with IECEx to EPL Gb and Db as well as Gc and Dc
- In accordance with the IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme, EDRS and EDRE motor types are audited and certified by PTB by means of ExTr, QAR, and CoC. For more information on the certification system, see the website of the International Electrotechnical Commission.
- Operation on a frequency inverter, also in field-weakening operation, for categories 2 and 3 and/or EPL .b and .c
- According to HazLoc-NA® (NEC500/C22.1)
- Motors are certified according to the Class Division System and therefore meet the explosion protection requirements for the North American market
- Available as CID2 type, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D
- Available as CIID2 type, Division 2 Class II for dust groups F and G
- Available as type /CICIID2, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D and Class II for dust groups F and G
- Also available as brakemotor
- Operation with frequency inverter possible
|W.. gear units (single-stage and two-stage)||EDR.. motors|
|Gear unit size||MaMax. Gear unit
|20||40||71S4 –71M4||0.12 – 0.37|
|30||70||71S4 – 80M4||0.12 – 0.75|
|37||110||71S4 – 90L4||0.12 – 1.5|
|47||180||71S4 – 132S4||0.12 – 4.0|
Areas of application
- Applications in potentially explosive areas with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Applications with equipment categories II2GD and II3GD
- Use with air mixtures
- Small and fast-running conveyor belts in intralogistics
- Roller conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- Chip conveyors
- Sizes W10 to W30 – ideal for noise-sensitive work environments
- Sizes WA37 and WA47 – ideal for hygienic applications in the food and beverage industry