By taking targeted preventive measures, you can use our drives in even the most extreme environmental conditions. A combination of interior treatment and surface protection provides optimal protection for motors and gear units. Be prepared.
Durable drives with preventive measures up to OS4
Our gear units and motors can provide additional protection against typical corrosive agents in industrial environments, such as moisture, oils, dirt and chemicals, than what is provided as standard. Additional treatments and special materials allow these devices to be used even in extreme conditions. Use our drives in any atmosphere, from those with low moisture and contaminants to environments with regular wet cleaning using acidic and caustic agents.
Our surface protection levels range from standard to levels OS1* to OS3*. With the ASEPTICplus® package, OS4* is set as standard.
The XCO® drive package is even going further. The innovative tin-nickel surface protection prevents coating from coming off and provides a stainless steel like appearance. This XCO® surface protection is an essential feature of the XCO® drive package. In addition, the XCO® drive package includes among others stainless steel screws, IS connectors, and motors in IP69K degree of protection.
*Similar to corrosivity categories C1 (negligible) to C5-I / C5-M (very high).
It is not only our standard components for which optional preventive measures are available. Our aseptic motors of the DAS.. series with XCO® and ASEPTICplus® drive packages are optimised for use in sensitive, hygienic production areas. Our stainless steel gear units of the RES.. and KES.. series complete the range of products for cleaning-intensive areas. The surface made of high-quality stainless steel is resistant to acid and alkaline, and is easy to clean.
XCO® drive package
In our XCO® (eXtreme Corrosion Option) drive package, we offer a surface protection specifically intended for the food and beverage industry to protect your drives and products even in extreme ambient conditions.
XCO® is an innovative tin-nickel surface protection that is extremely corrosion resistant and at the same time food safe. The surface is scratch-resistant and has a hardness of 645 HV. Never again coating coming off!
Find out more about the various surface protection options. Sample applications help you to select the right protection option for your gear unit or motor.
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts know your industry and its requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are close wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the know-how and tools to provide optimum advice and support.
Versatile applicationbecause the surface and corrosion protection allow our drives to be used in a wide range of extreme conditions.
Durable drivesbecause the preventive measures are tailored to your application and reliably protect your drives against external influences.
NEW XCO® drive package
XCO® drive package (eXtrem Corrosion Option): The alternative to stainless steel.
- The eXtreme Corrosion Option surface protection is an innovative tin-nickel surface with stainless steel like appearance
- XCO® surface protection for the motor housing; naturally, we will also be providing the gear unit with XCO surface protection making your gearmotor ideally equipped for use in hygienic applications.
- High corrosion resistance and food safe (according to 1935/2004/EC, LFGB/2005)
- Coated IS plug connector
- Oil seals at the output made of FKM
- Stainless steel breather valve
- Motors in IP69K degree of protection
- Pressure compensation membrane on the motor terminal box
- Cable entry with screw plugs made of stainless steel
- Gear unit output shaft made of stainless steel as solid shaft, hollow shaft with key or TorqLOC®
- All retaining parts on the output shaft, such as screws, key, shrink disk, etc., are made of stainless steel
KS corrosion protection
- All retaining screws that must be loosened during operation are made of stainless steel.
- The nameplates are made of stainless steel. Various motor parts are coated with a finishing varnish.
- Flange contact surfaces and shaft ends are treated with a temporary rust preventive.
- Clamping straps as additional measures for brakemotors
OS surface protection
Instead of standard surface protection, motors and gear units are optionally available with OS1, OS2, OS3 or OS4 surface protection. This equips the gearmotors for use in different ambient conditions.
You can also choose additional special measure “Z.” This means that large contour recesses are filled with rubber before painting.
Areas of application
|Surface protection||Ambient conditions/sample applications|
|Standard||For machines and systems within buildings and interior rooms with neutral atmospheres.
|OS1||For environments prone to condensation and atmospheres with low humidity or contamination. E.g. outdoor applications under a roof or other protection device.
|OS2||For environments with high humidity or moderate atmospheric contamination. E.g. applications outdoors subject to direct weathering.
|OS3||For environments with high humidity and occasionally severe atmospheric and chemical contamination. Occasional acidic or caustic wet cleaning. Also for applications in coastal areas with moderate salt load.
|OS4||For environments with permanent humidity and severe atmospheric or chemical contamination. Regular acidic and caustic wet cleaning, also with chemical cleaning agents.
|Aseptic motors of the DAS.. series
OS2-OS4 as needed
|Suitable for dry or wet hygienic areas with average atmospheric contamination. Also suitable for particularly dusty environments.
|Aseptic motors of the DAS.. series with ASEPTICplus® drive package||For hygienic areas in the food and beverage industry with permanent humidity, regular acidic or caustic wet cleaning with chemical agents and pressure cleaning.
|Aseptic motors of the DAS.. series with XCO® drive package||For hygienic areas in the food and beverage industry with permanent humidity, regular acidic and caustic wet cleaning using chemical cleaning agents, and cleaning with pressure load.
XCO®: The new tin-nickel surface protection:
|Suitable for hygienic areas in the food and beverage industry with regular acidic or caustic wet cleaning. Anti-stick properties support the cleaning process even in inaccessible areas.
|Stainless steel gearmotor||Suitable for hygienic areas in the food and beverage industry with permanent humidity and regular acidic and wet cleaning with chemical cleaning agents.