The ultimate in intelligent, flexible and cost-effective decentralised drive technology, MOVIMOT® advanced pairs an asynchronous motor with a frequency inverter to create a decentralised drive unit and can be flexibly combined with any standard gear unit. What's more, MOVIMOT® advanced is compatible with all standard Ethernet-based infrastructures.
Drive unit with integrated, decentralised inverter
By augmenting the end-to-end functionality of existing MOVI‑C® products, MOVIMOT® advanced increases the range of possible applications for our decentralised drive technology, which has been proving its worth for decades.
Integrating an energy-efficient asynchronous motor from the DRN.. series with the new, decentralised inverter from the MOVI‑C® modular automation system means the decentralised drive unit achieves the maximum IES2 system efficiency according to IEC 61800-9-2. The integrated digital interface ensures quick, easy and convenient startup, even with the widest range of gearmotor options.
Encoder or sensor signals can be evaluated without additional installation work. MOVIMOT® advanced can be combined with all standard gear units in series 7 and 9 for versatile and flexible use.
End-to-end integration into various automation topologies is achieved using any standard means of communication with other MOVI‑C® products. Furthermore, the optional, integrated load disconnector makes it possible to disconnect the drive unit from the power supply without switching off the entire system. The new, decentralised MOVIMOT® advanced drive unit combines individuality with user-friendly operation.
Obtain all the advice you need!
- Our experts are familiar with your industry and its requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the expertise and tools to provide optimum advice and support.
Configure your customized product
- Detailed information about your customized product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration (in the pipeline)
End-to-end solutionThanks to the uniform MOVI‑C® portfolio, which makes it very easy to decide between control cabinet and decentralized installation.
ModularityThanks to MOVIMOT® advanced being compatible with all standard gear unit series from SEW‑EURODRIVE.
Simple installationThanks to optional plug connectors, an optional, integrated load disconnector and the integrated MOVILINK® DDI digital interface.
High energy efficiencyThanks to combining inverters with asynchronous motors in efficiency class IE3 and a system efficiency class of IES2.
Reduced supply infrastructureThanks to an overload capacity of up to 210 % of the nominal torque.
- Tried-and-tested modular system: Asynchronous motor, decentralized frequency inverter and optional gear unit combine to create a drive unit.
- MOVILINK® DDI: The digital motor interface that saves you valuable time by eliminating the need for manual motor startup.
- MOVIKIT®: The software modules that make it possible to have a standardized communication interface in the MOVI‑C® modular automation system.
- Single-turn encoder /EI8Z for positioning and extended control range
- Degree of protection: Standard IP54 according to EN 60529
- Ambient temperature: -25 °C to +60 °C
- Optional: Load disconnector with feedback contact (/D11)
- Overload capacity of up to 210%
- Prevents oversizing in static operation
- Reduces the installed size of the necessary supply infrastructure
- Avoids overloading thanks to integrated safety mechanisms
- Communication/installation variants:
- DFC – direct fieldbus communication (PROFINET, EtherNet/IPTM, Modbus TCP, POWERLINK / CiA402)
- DSI – direct system bus installation (EtherCAT®/SBusPLUS, EtherCAT® / CiA402)
- DBC – direct binary communication
- DAC – direct AS-interface communication
- Functional safety
- Integrated STO (Safe Torque Off) safety function via terminal according to IEC 61800-5-2
- Integrated STO safety function with SS1c via safe PROFIsafe (PROFINET) bus system according to IEC 61800-5-2. In the pipeline: FSoE (EtherCAT®/SBusPLUS), CIP safety (EtherNet/IPTM)
- Safety Integrity Level 3 (SIL3) according to EN 61800-5-2:2017 and EN 61508:2010
- PL e according to EN ISO 13849-1:2015
- Global motor certifications/conformity:
- CE (Europe)
- In the pipeline: UL-approved (USA and Canada) / UkrSEPRO (Ukraine) / EAC (Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan)
- Energy saving potential
- Motor efficiency to IEC 60034: corresponds with efficiency class IE3 according to IEC TS 60034-30-2
- Drive system efficiency to IEC 61800-9-2 (Power Drive System): the highest defined efficiency class IES2 to IEC 61800-9-2 for the system combining motor and electronics
Asynchronous motor in star connection
|2 A (0020)||2 A (0020)||2.5 A (0025)||3.2 A (0032)||4.0 A (0040)||5.5 A (0055)|
|Speed setting range (VT) without encoder||1:10||1:10||1:10||1:10||1:10||1:10|
|Speed setting range (VT) with encoder||1:1400||1:1400||1:1400||1:1400||1:1400||1:1400|
Asynchronous motor in delta connection
|2 A (0020)||2.5 A (0025)||3.2 A (0032)||4.0 A (0040)||5.5 A (0055)|
|Speed setting range (VT) without encoder||1:20||1:20||1:20||1:20||1:20|
|Speed setting range (VT) with encoder||1:2900||1:2900||1:2900||1:2900||1:2900|
Areas of application
MOVIMOT® advanced is a true all-rounder that can be used for all conceivable applications – from intelligent conveyor axes to simple lifting axes and positioning axes.
Moritz Eble, Product Manager MOVIMOT® advanced, SEW‑EURODRIVE:
"The MOVIMOT® advanced drive unit is creating new, impressive customer benefits by combining the tried-and-tested modular gearmotor system from SEW‑EURODRIVE with the company's decentralised inverter. Digital motor integration makes the unit easy to use and highly adaptable to customer applications. End-to-end compatibility with the MOVI‑C® modular automation system means using MOVIMOT® advanced in conjunction with other products in the MOVI‑C® portfolio doesn't result in any changes to the customer's user experience."