Thank you for visiting the website of SEW EURODRIVE Ltd and for your interest in our company and products. The privacy and protection of your personal data is important to us and we take this into account in all our business processes. We process and treat the personal data collected when you visit our websites confidentially and in accordance with legal requirements.
- Download Privacy and Cookies Policy (PDF, 164 kB)
SEW-EURODRIVE Limited ("we" or "us") respects your privacy and recognises the need for the appropriate protection of personal information that is shared with us, that we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify you or that relates to you, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller of your personal information collected on the site is SEW-EURODRIVE Limited of DeVilliers Way, Trident Park, Normanton, West Yorkshire, WF6 1GX.
You can visit our site without revealing any personal information. We will only request your personal information to service your needs.
Information We May Collect From You
- Information you give us – You may give us information by completing forms on the site, such as the "Contact Us" form, by creating an account, or by corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise. The information you give us may include name, postal address, job title and e-mail.
- Information we collect about you - With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources - We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, group companies business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us - We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data to notify you about changes to our service; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you - We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources - We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Sharing your personal information
We may share the personal information you provide us amongst our distributors, subsidiaries or diagnostic representatives in order to service your needs. For example, to send you literature which you have requested via our online enquiry form. In instances where SEW-EURODRIVE Ltd and a partner jointly promote goods and services, SEW-EURODRIVE Ltd may provide the partner with certain information, such as your name and address, solely to service consumer needs.
We may also share your information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
Whenever holding your personal information, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect it. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties from illegally obtaining any information. In this unlikely event, we accept no liability for the resulting consequences.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
2. COOKIES POLICY
Many improvements and updates to the site are based on such data as total number of users and pages viewed. Cookies allow this information to be easily tracked by us. We use information obtained from cookies to provide services better tailored to each user's needs.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
CONTROL OVER COOKIES
You can also delete cookies that have already been set. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
If you do not accept cookies your user experience on our site may be affected, especially the user of the Online Support will be significantly affected and will not provide satisfying results.